is an excellent way to introduce players to the fundamentals of the of football in a limited to no contact environment. Our youth flag football teams play a 7 on 7 format using a reduced sized field. On teams consist of 8 to 15 players so that there is significant playing time for all players. Players of all skills and experience are welcome.
OUR YOUTH FLAG FOOTBALL PROGRAMS ARE:
- Wentzville Holt Junior Indians
- Francis Howell Central Junior Spartan
- Francis Howell North Junior Knights
- Francis Howell Junior Vikings
- Fort Zumwalt East Junior Lions
- Fort Zumwalt North Junior Panthers
- Fort Zumwalt South Junior Bulldogs
- Fort Zumwalt West Junior Jaguars
- Wentzville Timberland Junior Wolves
- Wentzville Liberty Junior Eagles
- Troy Junior Trojans
- Washington Junior Blue Jays
- Warrenton Junior Warriors
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. How many nights per week will my team practice?
A. Each program participating in our flag football league will have different practice schedules, and that program should be contacted; however, programs typically practice just once a week with most programs opting to have only a one hour practice before the Sunday game.
- Q. What day are the games?
A. All games will be on Sunday afternoon.
- Q. Where are the games played?
A. Games will be played on the Fort Zumwalt turf fields, and will alternate between Frot Zumwalt West, Fort Zumwalt North, Fort Zumwalt South and Fort Zumwalt East.
- Q. What equipment will I need to provide?
A. Each participant will be required to have a jersey (typically provided by the participating program), and a mouthpiece.
- Q. Why do you say “limited contact” instead of “no contact” isn’t this flag?
Flag football is like baseball, soccer, or basketball where contact is by-product of competition and not intentional.
- When do the games start?
A. The first game will be March 24th running nine weeks with on games the week of Easter making an eight week season.